View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 10:27 PM

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member
Default Update on benefits of Aricept (donzepil) & insight mediation.

Just wanted to report-in here that truly I am experiencing significant benefits, regaining former 'lost cognitive executive functions' , yes. It is real and true in my experience, for me.

Evidence?
Well, 2012 was for me a total 'wash', wipeout, hard-drive crash, dysfunctional, no life, no social capacity/tolerance, just no capacity to deal with the necesssary/required stuff of maintaining ordinary everyday life, plus all the bureaucracy hoops-to-jump-through re: Medicare and all that complicatedness.

I am simply sitting in amazement and great gratitude of all that I have been actually able to do, be doing, and have in fact accomplished in these past couple weeks. Wow.
It's awesome improvement for me.

I cannot attribute it to anything other than the 2 'new' factors of both the insight mediation practice twice daily --> better mindfulness throughout my day(s) and night(s) --- and the Aricept (donzepil).

I feel like "I'm back!", yes. And, friends who 'truly know me' are saying, 'You are back, aren't you? We are so glad. We've missed 'you'." I've missed me also!

I'm glad to report-in, that I am yes 'back' and ever so glad to be so. I feel like a human being again, I feel like myself again, I feel like a viable member of my own neighborhood/ town/ community again. Alleluia!! That's a major improvement, yes, in this year; my year #4.

Nonetheless mind ya, there's still much-much and so more way to go for me.
Mind ya, I'm not at "100%', or anywhere-near-100%.
Yet, I amfunctioning (after 'not' all of 2012) --- and I'm very pleased with how I am 'handling things', the stuff of meeting ordinary everyday life. This is a huge improvement, and welcomed, yes.

Love & appreciation,
Theta

Last edited by Theta Z; 10-17-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Theta Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pcslife (10-18-2012)