View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 12:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpryer View Post
I've been dealing with Chronic Pain for over 15 years. First my neck (triple fusion, plate and screws) and now my back and both legs. Tomorrow is the big day! I'm having a Medtronic Stim put in and I'm so ready to get my life back! My trial period gave me 100% coverage and relief. I figure the perm one should give me 50 to 75% relief. Doctor gave me 2 weeks off work to recover and I'm hoping it will be enough. He's going to have to drill some bone in the middle of my back to be able to fit the paddle through. I guess if that's my biggest worry than I'm okay.

I'd like to hear from you all about the recovery process. How long before you were able to be up and around?
Hi Cprye
I hope you are resting comfortably. My implant was Aug. 2011. My Dr is very cautious. No shower or ice for two weeks..He wanted to avoid infection.
I was still in significant pain for three weeks. A friend who had failed back surgeries said "why didn't you tell me this hurt so much?' This was at wk three also.
My Dr. said no bending, lifting anything over 8 pounds, reaching, twisting or stretching for 12 weeks. You've probably read about lead migration and want to avoid it at all costs.
I hope you get relief like you had during your trial.
As everyone said we all heal at different rates. It sounds like your job could be agrivating. I hope your employers work with you.
Good luck with your buzzing!

Sandy
Sandy Kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (10-18-2012), Mark56 (10-18-2012), Rrae (10-22-2012)