View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 12:36 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Maine,

Sorry to hear of your many struggles. You were right at finally getting an attorney. My first suggestion is to ask for a home worker to help you at home. A few hours a day will be a big help. You need to be able to get quiet rest. You need a clutter free house. Clutter is counter to your brain's need to heal. Does VA or any other benefit program have a way to offer home help?

Check out www.tbilaw.com and www.subtlebraininjury.com and be sure your attorney is familiar with the information posted there. Gordon Johnson has the best brain injury legal site on the internet. Don't just ask for medical expenses. You need all that you can get.

If possible, get a set of head phones for your kids to use when they are watching TV. You need to not be hearing children's TV sounds. Your three year old can help you out to qualify for you laying down with him. Tell him that he needs to pick up his toys so you will have time to lay down with him.

Your older boys can help out too. They need to understand how cleaning up their toys and messes makes your head hurt. I know that I struggle to pick things up of the floor. Too much up and down. Been there, done that. Your kids can become your best ally if you present you condition to them properly. Throw any sense of Super Mom out the door. You are not super mom. You will be blessed by how they can come to your aid. Kids can be amazingly sensitive when give an opportunity to help because Mom hurts.

What are the meds they have you on? You will be surprised how doctors do not take your total health needs into account when prescribing meds. The amitriptyline script may be worthwhile. The usual dose is only 10 mgs with sometimes an increase to 25 mgs when used for concussion head aches.

You will likely benefit from some serious blood work and nutritional support. Your hormones can get messed up by a concussion and effect you badly.

I can post more later about blood work and concussion/brain nutrition. I have a post in Patty's thread titled Hello, New Here where I list the whole nutritional regimen. Scroll down to my second or third post in that thread.

Feel free to post any questions you may have. I also respond to PM's and emails posted with the links that drop down when you left click on my screen name.

What part of Maine do you live in? Maybe I can recommend some help that is local to you.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rmschaver (10-18-2012), Theta Z (10-18-2012)