View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 07:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Hi Jim,

How occasionally, and of what duration? I've gotten similar pains (but sharper) for a few days to a few weeks, a few times in my life, and they've always gone away. In my case, I think it was likely a stone working its way through/out. They can definitely be painful.

Doc
Hi,

I first noticed this pain after my 2nd spine surgery, in April of this year (2012).

It seems to happen most often when I lie down and sit.

Frequency is probably every day. Duration is that, once I feel it, I'll feel it for awhile, maybe a couple of hours, then it's gone until it comes back again.

Sometimes, I think/feel that it was positional, but I haven't been able to pinpoint that.

As I said, it's definitely not a "sharp" pain. It's more like someone is pushing their fist into that area of my lower left back.

I know that this description is somewhat vague ...

I finally got an appointment with the interventional radiologist for today for a consultation. I made that just about the time that fastcarbon posted about laparoscopic ablation, so I figured I'd keep this appointment, just to see what they say, but if I decide to pursue this, I'll probably go see a urologist that does the ablation procedure eventually.

Thanks,
Jim
ohaya is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote