View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 10:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tic2 View Post
Hi and thanks for all the info.
Short version
Diagnosed neurogenic TOS in 2007 bilateral SSEP positive 2009 by nudleman in Santa Ana
Became coach potato
Started to get pulsating Tinnitus and venous hum which has taken over my life.
So decided to figure out why. Had cerebral angiogram found cerebral aneurysm which was clipped last year. Still have tinnitus and now syncope.
Found Collins at UCLA. Talked to him and he said there was connection between TOS and tinnitus. So he sent me to Dr Lawrence Miller. Doppler ultrasound showed damage to scalene and vertebral occlusion with arm extension.
Miller suggested PT but thought a scalene reduction was necessary. Have appt for MRI/v/A with Collins and just made appt with Ando (Wu) for PT in Anaheim hills. Who does everyone recommend at Ando PT?
Pain is 0 - 10 depends on what I have done in past few days.
So arterial TOS is new diagnosis.
Tic2,

Thanks for sharing your history, I recommend Dr. Art Ando to be seen first and then Dr.James Sposa, they both do different kind of mobilizing but very necessary stuff. I always make my appointments with both of them whenever I travel to LA but in that order if possible. Hope that helps. Mine was/is bilateral arterial TOS too. Still doing great on right side(scalenectomy 2002), left getting much better with (scalenectomy 2010) and really good PT.
What did Dr. Collins say about Tinnitus, will it get resolved with the surgery or is it a totally different matter?
Good luck with your appts Please post once you have your visits.
stos2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote