View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 06:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artist View Post
Hi IHH,

Sorry you're not doing so well these days - I don't know the answer, sounds very unusual to be taking two types of gabapentin though - but it rings some kind of bell - I'll wrack my brains!

Yes there are a few threads on both Neurontin and Lyrica, you're a good searcher, IHH I know you've probably found them already LOL.

IHH, I'll dig up what I can, not got too much time though at the moment
Please take care,
all the best
Thanks, Artist. You are so sweet! Yes, I've been having an awful time... I explained a bunch in the Ihh thread started by dear Frogga.

Whenever you find that info- I'd LOVE it. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake View Post
I think if you're lowering your N dose and starting L then its not so bad, but I'm sure being on both together isn't wise, due to seretonin levels.

The best way to check for sure is to use the drug interaction checker on www.drugs.com Type both in then search for interactions and it will tell you whether there are mild/moderate/severe issues with taking both at once. Of course this comes with a disclaimer and if you aren't sure you should get your doctor to check, but it'll give you an idea on what problems may arise with taking both at once at normal doses (ie not coming down off one while introducing the other)

x Kate
Thank you very much, Kate! I am going to look into the seretonin level thing... thanks for mentioning in to me.

Right now I'm at 2700 mg of Neurontin, and atm I am at 250 mg of Lyrica (but it's being increased every few days).

The Neurontin I, at first wondered if it was helping, but when I had the flu not too long ago I couldn't take it, and then I realized how much it was helping, especially with the burning pain, tingling and allodynia.

I have already seen benefit with the Lyrica- the burning pain, tingling and numbness has decreased dramatically.

My Dr. is planning on keeping me on both. She doesn't want to increase the Neurontin much more, and since Lyrica is close to Neurontin, and I've seen benefit from it, she decided Lyrica would be a good choice for me. I am not too worried about taking them both at once, my Dr. explained it all to me in depth, and she is very cautious with meds and does not want me on any needlessly- she wants to get me comfortable and functional enough with a few, and not just snow me in with a bunch.

Thanks again for all the input!
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote