View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 11:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
susanne,
Some people with neuopathies take gabapentin with good results. i'm not that familiar with your problem, so the best I can give you is a generalization based on other's neuropathies. Gabapentin, in some people can make them extremely drowsy, but others do fine with it.

If you wind up needing morphine, don't fight it. No one likes to make that leap into narcotics, but sometimes it can't be prevented. You shouldn't have to be in agony all the time.

Sam
Thank you for your encouragement Sam. I am already on gabapentin, I failed to mention it because just about everyone here is. I would never be able to sleep without it, and I don't have any side effects. It does work for the burning and zapping pains, I notice if I miss a dose, and it used to keep the "hamsters" at bay ( that feeling that small, furry creatures are running all over your feet and legs) but I notice that they are coming back. The problem with neuropathy is that everything feels like something else! Most of my pain seems to be coming from the long bones in my legs and sometimes arms, like they are being crushed. Even my super soft non-binding socks feel like riding boots three sizes too small, but I can stick a pushpin into my calf and not feel it. Sometimes I even do, just because it is so weird. It freaks the kids out.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote