Thread: Statin Drugs
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Frown Statin Drugs

My doctor's office called today with the results of my blood work from last week.

Everything seems within normal range except cholesterol. Apparently the bad cholesterol is higher than what is considered normal.

The nurse said the doctor wants to discuss "treatment options" with me so I need to make another appt. I know he's going to want to put me on a statin medication.

I've been doing a little Internet research on these meds since I have heard some pretty scary stories about them.

Their side effects seem horrendous. Why can't I take something like Red Yeast Rice supplement? At least to see if it helps.

I just don't want to get talked into something I really don't want to do. I know nobody can make me take it. I just don't need another set of issues to go along with the MS issues I already have. I know his argument will be "well, a stroke or heart attack is a pretty big issue" and my Dad had heart problems.

Has anyone had a positive experience with statin drugs?

What to do....what to do......
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote