View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 06:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Ditto

I feel like this all the time and its been five years for me. You learn how to cope naturally. I've learned to put up a sort of shield where I basically just smile a lot and nod my head when I'm around people. I just don't want to be the misery loves company person. It's hard and I couldn't always do it but I think it took three years. I just could tell that my family and friends were sick of hearing the same stories and it made them feel awful to be around me because of how obvious it was that I was in pain all the time. I didn't even care at first because I would just think all of their problems were ridiculous considered to mine. It's taken a lot of time for me to get to where I am. I first thought I had to push everyone away to protect them. Now I just try to talk about what is going on with them,movies and television show and a little gossip. Occasionally I vent but I try to spread it out with different loved ones. I also vent a lot with a therapist which is so nice to get some feedback from someone outside of your circle.
Keekans is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote