View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 08:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne C. View Post
I love my doctor,but I do think he is a little affected by whatever the reps are pushing. I also think he wants to see how it works!
My only worry about the patches are that I have heard they start to peter out before the 7 days are up. Do they really stay on in the shower and stuff?
The oxycodone is still very effective when I take it, but two per day only gives me about ten comfortable hours, and it wires me up so I don't take it at night when the pain is often worse. Waking up in pain is a relatively new development and I hate it. I always loved the mornings and now I dread them.
Thank you!
Yeah, the time-release pills like Mrs. D says are probably your best bet. I was going up and down in and out of pain, and they finally gave me tramadol 200 mg time-release 24 hour pill recently that I take in the morning. Blammo! I feel so much better, there's no comparison. You need time-release. I would recommend it to anyone, no matter what type of pain meds you're taking. I get the crushing feeling in the morning too, but as soon as the tramadol and gabapentin kick in, I'm much better.
Brue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (10-19-2012), Susanne C. (10-18-2012)