View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Hi Emma,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Am I worrying for nothing?
Well... yes. I'm not saying that there is no reason for concern; how would I know -- I'm just some guy on the internet with no professional standing whatsoever.

What I do know is that worry -- of this kind -- serves no constructive or positive purpose. It never accomplishes anything but aggravating physical symptoms, psychological states, and creating more stress in a vicious downward cycle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worry

I don't know why your doctor would advise you to cut your hair unless it's long/heavy enough to put strain on your neck(?) He could be right about the symptoms being telegraphed from the cervical area -- the nervous system can respond in many strange and seemingly inexplicable ways. Many medical conditions don't just appear and remain static; we're living creatures, and whatever goes on in our bodies progresses just as life does, so the pressure may (and I'm guessing) just be a development of your cervical or migraine issues.

I think the important question is, do you believe and trust your doctor when he tells you these things?

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote