View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Nutritional supplements are a great idea! Just do not use chewable vitamin C because this is irritating to the gum tissue, especially the surgical site, and it breaks down tooth enamel. So oral pills or powder in liquid is fine!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popple View Post
Thank you for your reassurances. I only started with the Listerine after the second packing was removed, and am more than happy to go on to just salt water. I really hate to use things that are full of chemicals an I think that is part of the distrust I have of the OS, even though I don't think he has done anything wrong. Like you pointed out, it seems a bit strange to jump on the "infection / antibiotics" bandwagon after saying it looks fine. I am also very pro alternative therapies so am currently on Vit A and C and numerous other things recommended by my acupuncturist to aid healing and also boost my immune system. Obviously if the pain gets worse again I will not hesitate to go see the OS, but in the meantime, you have really helped settle my anxiety about this. Thank you.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote