View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

rolltide,

I am sorry to hear about your car accident. I hope you are okay otherwise.!

I would suggest having a panorex xray and or a dental ct scan to see how deep the fractures are in those teeth and to rule out infection in the bone. All too often injured teeth die due to the trauma and they need to be monitored especially if they are still hurting you after 6 months. If these teeth have died, the sooner you deal with it the better the long term outcome.

Your options would be to root canal them or remove them. Root canaling them means to spend a lot of money on rc therapy and crowns only to retain infected teeth for an undisclosed amount of time which will eventually need to be removed anyway. Removing them without doing the root canal therapy gives you a more positive outlook on the success of dental implants because there would be no concern about long standing infection interfering with the integration of the implants. You could also remove them and have a multi unit permanent bridge made or a removable partial denture. All of this would need to be discussed with your dentist.

First have the scans done ...........

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1 View Post
I was in a serious car accident in May. Ever since accident my teeth have been killing me. I went to the dentist and he did a full exam. I had 2 cracked teeth and my 2 front teeth have hairline cracks. He said it could takes months for the pain to go away. It has been 6 months and my mouth still aches every day. Has any body else been through this?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (10-19-2012)