View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 05:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Broken Wings

Welcome, you know your body better than anyone else. I took Cipro and in two to three days had a siezure fell on the cement head first. I've been sick ever since. If you were fine prior to the drug and not after then it seems correct ! Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgc7878 View Post
Hi everyone, I just stumbled upon this site today and thought I would give this a shot.

I'll try to make this as short as possible. My Doctors and the Neurologist I've seen so far haven't been able to give me many answers. ALl of my symptoms started when I began taking an anti-depressant called Viibryd. It's a fairly new drug. Right away I began to feel numbness all over my body, but stupidly thought that could be a normal side effect. After about two and a half weeks I stopped the drug cold turkey, as it was making me very depressed.

That was early June. For months I thought the drug was still somehow affecting me, but now I've basically ruled that out. My symptoms are numbness, mental foggyness, fatigue, sexual dysfuntion, impotence, occasionally blurred vision*, increased urination*.

** These were the two symptoms that lead me to think it was autonomic neuropathy, although I know nothing about this, and hadn't even heard of it until a few days ago.

I was on the Viibryd for OCD/Anxiety, and the really strange thing is, my anxiety is GONE! Not decreased, but gone. The ocs symptoms have gone way down, but have increased a bit over the past month. Hunger and thirst is way down as well.

I've been told there is demilynation in my nerves, and had a Spinal Tap to test for CIDP, which I was told I do not have, as my protein count was normal.

This is all very new to me, and frankly I'm terrified. No one seems to be able to tell my what is happening or why it happened. I think my neurologist is doubtful that the Viibryd could have caused this, but there was nothing else. The symptoms started as soon as I began the drug.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

John
Heart2Heart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (10-19-2012)