View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 10:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamibates65 View Post
I am new to this site and have just been diagnosed with syrinx from my orthopeic surgeon, I have to see a neuro surgeon next week. I have been suffering for years with severe headaches and other problems with my hands and chest pains, among other things.. I am afraid. I do not know if I have chiari. But let me say before the Orthopeic dr diagnosed me I was in the hospital because of the head aches and vomiting. and that is when they did the mri, But no one of those dr.s told me about this at all. I even seen a neurologist in the hospital and no word of this Syrinx at all... And it was the first time, that I had seen this orthopedic Dr. I was there over 21/2 hours and was wondering why, well now I know it was because he was studying the MRI and the results..and he came in the room and told me I had Syrinx from c1 to c4... I am so axious over this that I cannot sleep.... and I am on pain meds which are helping the headaches a little and neausea meds.. but still symptoms are there.. and not the anxiety of it all it horrible... please does anyone know that if I have this Syrinx from c1 to c4 does this mean that I have the chiari also... Please and Thank you all for listening to my ranting...
No, that doesn't automatically mean you have Chiari.

Chiari is when brain tissue protrudes into your spinal canal. It occurs when part of your skull is abnormally small or misshapen, pressing on your brain and forcing it downward.

Did the doctors tell you if your cerebellar tonsils are protruding and if so by how much?
hlwampler is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote