Thread: Heeelllppp!!
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 10:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey, Bev,

It certainly is a lot to deal with.

The unknown is the scariest part.

I encourage you to keep a dairy of his medications, symptoms, pain scale, even if it's over ten, list it that way, sleep pattern, meals, ADLs, telephone numbers for future reference, date and time, person you're talking to, discussions, appointments. Many things to keep in one place.

It has been a while for him to suffer in this much pain. Sometimes it takes many years to get on the right track.

I'm so sorry he hasn't had much relief, other than pain meds. Be careful. Just because he's desperate right now, don't grab at anything.

My pain management doctor referred to all my head-to-toe complaints as an onion, and things would have to be peeled off in layers, one by one. He was right. It took 7 1/2 years of hell before I could say I was going to make it ! ! !

I don't even like to go back in my mind and think about those years. I had no control. I seen several good doctors. A couple doctors that I would like to go back and slap.

As far as the meds go today, he has to do what he has to, to get by, but it is a heavy regimen and will have consequences, at some point, that he will have to deal with. There's always a trade.

I don't make light of his painful state. He is seriously miserable. It isn't likely he'll be better in a short period of time.

If he's had MRIs and CTs, labs and the like, at least know and be glad it's not cancers or other bad medical conditions you're dealing with, and he don't have. Use that as a positive starting point.

There's lots of forums here to visit.

Lots of caring people to share their experiences.

I know you can find things here to help you and him.

There is a "SEARCH" feature above, if you can use that, it might be helpful.

Keep asking questions. I gathered morsels along the way.

You're a good, supportive wife. I know it's hard on you, but he needs you.

Keep in touch and let us know what your hardest problems are in caring for him. We'll try to give you our advice. Lots of workarounds here.

Don't worry about typos. We can get it. If we need you to clarify, we'll ask. It's okay.

Take care of yourself, too...

We're here for you and him . . .

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote