View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 12:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post
Hi Anacrusis,
My wife had a never ending coughing problem 3 years ago which took 6 months to get DX thanks to an obstinate pneumologist and the outcome of a battery of tests unfortunately was "lung cancer" ...in her case, a relapse from a breast cancer treated 20 years ago!
Also in her case, the coughing problem was associated with persistant tiredness.
So don't mess around and see a competent pneumologist ASAP!
I hope you'll get a reassuring answer,
Maurice.
I´m so terribly sorry you both had to go through all that, Maurice.

Thanks for the little reality check. Unfortunately I know what symptoms I have, can work around them but never quite get to thinking I really have anything! Interestingly I had a few private messages including something about micro aspiration (which I had no idea about - might explain why lungs sometimes feel like they have been sprayed with water inside) and I also received a recommendation for an excellent pulmonologist in Europe.
I had CT of the lungs last year whilst having the same symptoms and there were no discrepancies visible. We do live in high radon area though which can cause lung cancer so we are checking that too.

All the best, Maurice

PS (From your other post – I´ve just started drinking purified water and also French white wine – but only because I like it!!)

Last edited by Anacrusis; 10-21-2012 at 03:47 AM.
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote