View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 05:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Lower extractions, Implant posts placed same day & then informed of massive infection

Hi, On 10/10/12, I had all my lower teeth extracted by an oral surgeon who, at the same time went ahead & placed the implant posts for my lower denture that will serve to hold it in place. After the procedure (I was put to sleep) I remember hearing him tell my daughter that once he was in there, the infection was massive & had even gotten into my jawbone. Told to continue on the antibiotics I had been prescribed the day prior to my procedure & rinse w/ the blue mouth wash. I went back 1 day before my check up visit was regularly scheduled b/c The post on my left side was showing a bit. After seeing the oral surgeon, he said it was fine b/c he would normally have left the top of these posts showing. (I assume he closed mine due to infection & wanted to prevent anything else from getting in..??) I was told he had done a bone graft b/c of the "massive, massive infection he found". He put me on Clindamyacin & sent me home. Now it's the 20th, I am still in lots of pain...I've never put my lower dentures in, he said to wait, wait, wait...and give my mouth & all that infection time to heal. My worries/ concerns are.. His 3-D images didn't show up this infection, or any bone loss..I have absorption problems, of which I made both him & his staff well aware of prior to any treatment, I am already on fentanyl patches & other narcotic pills for other health issues, yet I am feeling this amount of pain. I am worried the infection is still there, he should not have done post placement that day, Maybe I should've been given IV antibiotics...and the list of my worries goes on & on...plus now, even more of the post is showing & it seems where I have sutures along the top of my gum line where that post is showing, is trying to also open up...My oral surgeon, according to his assistant as of 10:15 this morning was on a plane travelling across the country & she was going to contact him & get back with me ASAP... It's now 6pm & I have yet to get that call... HELP... I am so worried....oh and to top everything else...B/C of other health issues, I'm not sure that Clindamyacin was exactly the best choice for me & my body! So, now my head is really spinning!~ thanks for any help, advice, etc. anyone can give!! ~
cb61998a is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote