View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

capsula,

Yes, the grafted tissue is quite large on the front (facial) side. I have to admit, I have never seen this done this way. May I ask.... What country are you in?

Also, this appears to be your right front tooth which is actually tooth #8, not #11. Correct? You have a temporary 2 unit bridge that you take in and out that fills the space and fits onto the other front tooth #9... is that correct? I know #9 has been shaved down for a crown but has that tooth also been root canaled? I ask because it gives the dark appearance of a non vital tooth.

Ideally nothing should be worn against the bone graft site, especially if tissue was grafted, until it has healed for several weeks or so. Does your temporary bridge rub against the palate side of the graft? Could that be why the bone is exposed?

Could you post a picture with the temporary in place? By the way, these pictures help a lot with your description.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsula4 View Post
Here is a better front view picture of the graft (right next to the crown post).

Another last question. My crown on 11 has attached a false teeth to it to fill the grafted side. Wearing it should be a matter of risk for the graft? I dont use them for eating though.

ps: English is my second language so excuse me if I dont use the exact words or if I have too many grammar mistakes.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote