View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 09:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm from Argentina, and as regards to the numbering, I was using the FDI Dental Federation notation (I would link an image but I cant due to my number of posts). My bad I didnt clarified it.

I'm not sure, but I got the sensation that my surgeon didn't have that much experience on bone grafting, though he is known as one of the most experienced and best surgeons on my area, if not the best. Still this doesnt make him good at bone grafting. Btw he gave me ketorolac ome hour before the surgery and I was bleeding a lot during the op.

Both 8 and 9 were root canale due to an accident I had 9 years ago, thankfully only one of them got inffected and had to be removed (had a cyst). I first tried an apicoectomy with the same surgeon but it failed (1 year ago).

As regards to the bridge, I didn't wear it for the first 4 days, and the exposure was there on day 4 (probably even before, but never looked to it).

I'm on day 25 since the surgery and I tend to avoid wearing the bridge, just when I go out. I don't feel the temporary bridge rubs the exposure site (plus since there is no gum tissue, it feels like there is gap between the bone graft and the crown).
Attached Thumbnails
Exposed bone graft, what is the infection probability?-front-jpg   Exposed bone graft, what is the infection probability?-jpg   Exposed bone graft, what is the infection probability?-bottom-jpg  

Last edited by capsula4; 10-21-2012 at 11:02 AM.
capsula4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote