View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 06:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Having had severe lower back problems for over 26 years, I have to agree that physical therapy is a good way to ease the pain. Pool therapy is especially good. DO NOT GO TO A CHIROPRACTOR. Since you don't know what's wrong, it could put you in a wheel chair. My Neurosurgeon warned me about this, so I'm not just talking off the top of my head.

You really need an MRI with and without contrast material to see what's wrong, but I'm sure you already know what. I'd advise that you get this done as soon as you can.

You CAN get some back braces at health supply stores that can help. Some of these are like "corsets" and they do afford some support and relieve some pain. There are other designs as well. Some pharmacys have them too.

Best of luck, and keep us posted as to how you do! God bless and take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote