View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 07:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default re

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. At least I know that I've tried the things others would think of. Sometimes you lose your sense of judgement when there is pain.

Chiropractor?! Wish I had that advice years ago. Several years ago, I went to a local chiropractor to see if he could help my migraines. At the time, I had no back problems. The first day, he started shifting things around and triggered a major migraine IN the office. The pain was so bad that I couldn't talk or respond. They just kept moving me from room to room with my eyes closed and finally put some electrical pads on my back and left me on a table with no one there. My friend who had driven me there, and was waiting outside, told me later she had gone in several times over a course of three hours and was denied access to me. She finally just went back and found me. It took a week to come out of the migraine. At the time, I was desperate and had not found a pain Dr. yet, so I went back a couple weeks later. The chiropracter tried to tell me off about my friend being pushy. We had it out. I cancelled the rest of the "treatments", (I had to sign a contract in the beginning to pay whether I went or not. Never having gone to a chiroprater, I stupidly signed it.). I didn't pay the rest and never heard from them again. If that is an example of what you get when you go to one........

we tried bringing a number of stools to the clinic so I could sit. Different heights, models etc. It might have worked but for the extensive scar tissue in my thighs from injections. One of the meds is very irritating, but its one of a very few things that help some. My legs do not bend more than about a 45 degree angle. That puts them either off the groung or hitting the table. I'm used to it, and have accepted some trade offs. Good idea though.

Thanks again to all who answered. Its always good to get fresh eyes on something.

Sam
Sam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote