Thread: yoga cures
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 10:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

thanks pcslife for detailed reply. I am sorry we are still having symptoms, we have been here so long. But I am thankful to hear what you have been doing.

As far as the dizzy thing goes. I understand how scary it is. Mine has gotten so much better. I have the checkout line thing as well in big stores, costco, vs. I do not know anxiety/ whatever. Sometimes I think ok it is anxiety so just suck it up but the floating passing out feeling is too strong. If it has gotten better over time maybe it is not anxiety.

You did not mention if you take everyday headache pain meds still. I have been taking tylenol extra stength everyday. 1 pill or 2. But now it has been over a year, maybe 2. Now when I look at it my stomach feels awful, even though it is not supposed to affect your stomach. I feel like rejecting it cuz I have been taking it so long.
I cannot take any nsaids, ibu, aspirin anymore because my stomach is in constant pain. But, I need to take something. The pain is still very severe. Not anything compare to at first, but it is all the time. At night when the meds wear off I cannot force myself to open my eyes.

The neck pain is bad, but it is not normal to feel your spine all the time. I can feel the nerves all around, and have not had success in reversing my spinal cord from pushing out due to spasms.No more pt will be covered.
The migrane is so unbeleiveably sore. That book helped me because it talks about befriending your pain, which I try to do. It is hard because I do not want to be a chronic pain person.I read that terry gross' worst fear is to live a life of chronic pain and i think wow she has interviewed so many people from so many walks of life and I understand why she feels that way. I think I am undermedicated.

Basically the yoga and deep breathing hep me take care of the rest of my body. It helps me to not feel down about not being able to exercise.

When I went to the consultation for biofeedback, they only wanted to do neuro and bio combined. He said take a yoga class if you want that. I think he was disapointed because I was worried about the cost. But I know that anymore brain stimulation is not good for me so I do to want to try it. I read a lot each day and I can tell when its been too much.

As far as botox, I am glad to hear that it helps. I am learning that so much of my problems are in my neck. When I lean over and pull on my neck in different directions the pain is intense all over the top of my head. Do you have that? I am thinking that the migranes are mostly due to that but also I am wondering could there be damage inside. axons shearing?

The steriod injections sickness is terrible. I would be worried as well to get that for a long time. I remember posting about the injections i had ago and I would just stay away all night listening to my heart beat. But, a friend gets them for neck due to accident and relies completley on them. He has a disc issue.Thankfully you don't have one.

What homeopathy are you taking? Butterbur I took but it has made my stomach upset. I tired the co10 plus magnesium combo for months and months but i did not notice too much of a difference.

The mountains are nice. I have a heart for the ocean but since my accident I feel like it broke a little. I asked God to show me the beauty of the mountains more because I cannot surf anymore or enjoy the waves. But forget hiking!:0

Do you worry about too much xrays? i was told that no more ct scans ever due to radiation, no more xrays only if emerg and only mris if emergency. But I know that mris are only magnets. Did docs say anything?
postconcussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (10-22-2012)