View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 11:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Lui!

I am sorry about your accident. I sure it just sucks because you have had this dream to come here on exchange and play basketball and then you get this! Plus it is nice to be a part of a team and sounds like getting away from your host family might be funner than hanging out with them.

But! But! Sorry you have to really rest and get better. You have to change your plans for here. I know you want to play so bad and are probably very good. The thing is if you don't get better you can have this for a long time. You could have to sit in your house for months maybe even years like me if you are not careful.
Wait until you are better, do as much resting as you can. Even though the host family does not understand, you have to take care of yourself. Im sure that your parents and friends are worried about you.
Maybe you will get better soon. It is good that you do not have headaches. Take care!

Lui, I wanted to add, say you go and play basketball. You are 100% going to get worse or make your time it would have taken to get better longer. Worse case scenario you get really messed up and will have to go straight home. When you get home you will have to be injured for a while. You will feel so crappy that you probably wont have as much fun anyway.

Just think I am going to get better, I am going to get better, everything will be ok. Don't make yourself too worried about anything.
postconcussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote