View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 11:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New to this forum, afraid with questions

Hi All, I'm new to this forum. In February 2011, I had a bout of suspected optic neuritis in my left eye. My vision was blurry in that eye for a few weeks and then it went back to normal. In April 2012, I got numbness and tingling in all four limbs which I still have (7 months on). I had my first MRI last week and here is what the report said:

Multiple increased T2/FLAIR signal intensity lesions are seen in the periventricular and subcortical white matter bilaterally in a distribution consistent with multiple sclerosis. A solitary increased T2 signal lesion is seen in the right side of the pons. No enhancement of these lesions is demonstrated.

I will be making an appointment to see a neurologist next week. I'm really terrified of being diagnosed with MS. My biggest fear is not being able to live a normal life. I have a few questions that maybe folks here can help answer.

1) I understand that the following line in the report is a good sign: "No enhancement of these lesions is demonstrated." Could somebody explain why?

2) Am I going to be able to live a normal life with MS? Will I be able to continue to work at a job that requires a high intellectual ability and performance.

3) Is anyone familiar with Terry Wahls supposedly MS curing diet?
olive1976 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (10-21-2012), Debbie D (10-22-2012), Erika (10-23-2012), Natalie8 (10-23-2012), NurseNancy (10-21-2012)