View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 11:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi JKL,

I read thru your story and now am not sure about some of the folks I deem my team.

I am going to give you a little more history about me.

TOS was suspected by my Spine Dr. Along with. Herniated disc C/6-C7 and mild cubital tunnel in my right elbow.

Spine Dr kept sending me to various therapy's but never really explained TOS. I really thought I was more dealing with the herniation then the TOS and set the TOS aside.
The therapy team I am happy with is
Playa PT- Aaron Willis
Synergy Chiropractic- Dr. Dilo
Dear friend of mine who is a massage therapist and learning trigger point
After all these guys got me to a certain point and the pain continued to return I started to seek out more info about TOS.

I went to Dr. Gelabert at UCLA, he is the one who diagnosed the bi-lateral TOS and he sent me to Dr. Willams with Kerlan & Jobe.
Dr. Williams ordered a Spinal Q brace and a bi-lateral MRI of the Brachiel Plexus. The brace came, and it works great, it takes care of the scapula and shoulder pain that has plagued me for over a year. It did not take care of the muscle pains in the neck.
My insurance company did not want to approve the MRI until they spoke with Dr. Williams as to why it was needed. Dr. Williams did not talk with the insurance company and it was going on over a month since the MRI was ordered so I solicited the help of my Spine Dr. Since they are in the same group. My spine Dr. Got the MRI approved which I had last week and I am due to see Williams this coming week.

I took some time and read thru yours and others stories that reside in the LA and OC area and now I am Leary of Dr. Williams. I thought he was the right guy since Gelabert sent me to him and Gelabert from the research I had done seemed to be the TOS guy.

So now I am a little lost and thinking that Willams is not the right guy. I am still going to keep my appt with him next week as I want to see what he has to say as well as address the lack of follow thru on the MRI.

Most of my pain has been the neck, scapula, shoulder and upper arm region and affects the left side more than the right.
Within the last 3 weeks or so I am noticing some weird issues with my hands, arms and fingers. What I get is mild burning down the arms, itchiness, swelling, and what feels like my nerves are sitting on top of my fingers as if I hit them on a counter it is painful....not sure if this is related to TOS or not...it sounds like it from what I have read.

Sorry for the lengthy reply....I am now just so lost with this thing. What I thought before I joined the forum was I would get some shots that Williams mentioned and my life would turn around, and I would put and end to this mess, but after really reading thru the posts, the onset of the new symptoms I am in a lot of fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
Hi I am in L.A. too-I am having the same trouble trying to go back to work. Take a look at my response to Tic2 and also search my thread JKL's journey or how I am seeing all the dr's in L.A. I would like to compare notes and find out who your "team" is. I recently tried to work part time after a year but dont know if I will be able to go back to my regular job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
Hi I am in L.A. too-I am having the same trouble trying to go back to work. Take a look at my response to Tic2 and also search my thread JKL's journey or how I am seeing all the dr's in L.A. I would like to compare notes and find out who your "team" is. I recently tried to work part time after a year but dont know if I will be able to go back to my regular job.
tat868 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote