View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 11:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default bladder infection?

Thought I'd share a bit of insight from my sister.
We were having a conversation about recurrent bladder infections. I told her I just had a culture done and it came out negative. Now they will do an ultra sound to check out my lady parts. blah blah blah.
Now I've had this all done before with pretty boring results....nothing wrong....however; I have this reoccurring bout of feeling like something is wrong "down there".
Now granted when I have the burning, gotta go right now feeling, I know its a bladder infection. So I take some AZO and chase it with a bottle or two of cranberry juice.
But more and more I have this feeling that something just doesn't feel right.
Long story short...my sister told me she went through this (she also has an autoimmune disease, Sojourns) and found out her urethra had atrophied and was irritated. Took a urologist to do a simple fix dealing with a large catheter and lots of water...ugh.
But I wanted to pass that along to any of you who may think you have something wrong (down there) and chalk it up to a low grade infection.

If you obsess about things that may happen and they don't come true...then you've wasted your time. If it does come true....then you've lived it twice.
karilann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (10-21-2012), Debbie D (10-22-2012), SallyC (10-21-2012)