View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 01:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am new here but I may be able to help...I was diagnosed bipolar at the age of 17 and I didn't want to accept the diagnosis either. I don't want to be negative in any way but me personally has taken years to learn my signs and symptoms...when to walk away and calm down. I now have a 16 year old who was just diagnosed with schizo effective disorder (a mix between schizophrenia and bipolar). I was just devastated because I truly don't want him to have to deal with what I have lived with. The only positive part is that I understand what he is going through and can help talk him through what all is going on in his head. The best way that I can describe it is that I feel like I am in a room screaming as loud as I can and no one hears me....and I want to say I love you don't leave me but what comes out is just hatred...If at anytime I can be of help or answer questions please let me know...I hate to hear of anyone suffering from this
"Thanks for this!" says:
anneo59 (08-21-2013), bizi (05-19-2020), butterfly11 (11-20-2012), Dmom3005 (10-23-2012), Mari (10-21-2012)