Thread: CMT and Statins
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Are you posting about the medical list on the CMTA site? I doubt that what is on there is out of date as it's from a very informed site - the CMTA. The list is continually moderated and compiled by neurologists, etc. #6

http://www.cmtausa.org/index.php?opt...15&Itemid=50#5

So I am confused if that is what you are posting about. They do not mention PN on that site only the medicines to watch out for. That's what I meant by that site. I was posting about "muscle weakness", not PN, from statins and the fact that I know people in the general public who have muscle weakness from statins.

As far as B12 on that site they could be not up to date on that as many other sites are not up on it. But again, I was posting about "muscle weakness" and statins for CMTer's and for some of the general public as well. I see nitrous oxide and a B12 deficiency. I never brought up B12. Did someone else?

Statins do not appear to be good for anybody regardless if there is a possibility of muscle weakness or PN.

Thanks for your help in explaining this as I'm probably not reading your post right. I know I mis-stepped when I posted that there would be only muscle weakness and not PN concerning statins. Sorry for that.

In your wiki site it shows a foot with CMT. However, not everyone with CMT has high arches. A CMTer can have high arches, flat feet, normal feet or one high arch and one flat. It depends on what muscles are affected. Symptoms of CMT can become evident when you are young, old or in-between or symptoms may never be that evident. The same with the way a CMTers legs look for example. They can be normal looking even though they are weak. Symptoms depend on so very many things and also the type and subtype of CMT a person has. And symptoms of CMT vary greatly even within the same family. I know this for a fact. CMT can also be misdiagnosed even today.

I am no expert but I do live with CMT everyday and I have known and seen it since I was 5 years old (not in myself as I did not have symptoms for years and years). Other people can only read about it and lots of that information is not up to date or accurate either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."

Last edited by Kitt; 10-21-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote