Thread: MG and creatine
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 02:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cait24 View Post
I have been trying to include more protein in my diet.
kathie
I wonder if anyone here has read this book –

http://www.amazon.com/Autoimmune-ide.../dp/0983603707

Might be worth a read….Iīm usually skeptical when I hear diet and MG but still open to research and other peopleīs experiences.

By the way…..

The whey protein I took had a Tensilon like effect when I had Chronic fatigue syndrome a few years ago, but now with myasthenic weakness itīs effects are not as pronounced. I just took it after taking my son to the swimming pool this weekend. I didnīt do much in the pool myself but afterwards found my muscles abnormally desperate for protein again for the first time in a long time so took whey protein & meat protein the minute I got in the house. This is not an MG thing. Of course body builders use it for working out. I would use it for normal muscle function. Nevertheless I see that it feeds my muscles from time to time which is what works for me I also always avoid those whey protein products with added artificial sweeteners at all costs.

Kathie - hard to give protein tips for someone elseīs diet but in case you are interested in more ideas - I did cut down on bread (one loaf every 3 months!) Ate smoked salmon and scrambled eggs only for breakfast - sometimes cottage cheese. I would eat some good lean ham slices without bread when I got bored of the salmon and was surprised how beneficial this was to my energy levels after some time. I was quite close to ordering pizza toppings at the pizzeria without the base!!!! The protein breakfast I think was 70% more effective on an empty stomach in the morning than adding it in later in the day. We need carbohydrates to balance the diet but increasing the protein ratio is something I have definitely not regretted

Anacrusis

Last edited by Anacrusis; 10-22-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (10-21-2012), StephC (10-22-2012)