View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 02:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome to the forum. I don't know much about TN, but I do know that fear and uncertainty ramp up the pain scale. Do you have a good support system at home? Three kids can be a handfull even when you are well. The fact that the ER Dr. recognized TN as a possibility will be helpful if indeed that is the problem. You won't have had to wait for months while trying to find someone to help.

As far as lifestyle, a good diet is always helpful even if it doesn't directly address the problem. Vit.C is a good thing to take daily. Its not stored away like some of the vitamins, so its harder to get too much of it.

Warm compresses will sometimes help with pain, especially wet. I'm guessing that cold makes it worse?

If you can get someone to watch the kids while you get a couple hours to just rest without having to worry about who is doing what.

Hopefully someone who has been through what you are going through will see your post. Try not to expect the worst. It may not be TN, but if it is, medicine is advancing quickly and there may be more treatment options available than you think.

Sam
Sam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote