View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 02:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Usually ibuprofen comes in 200mg. you can take this without a prescription.

When I went to the E.R. they gave me a prescription for ibuprofen 800mg. This is ok to take every 4 hours or so.

Ibuprofen is a type of drug called nsaid. This means it works because it takes away inflammation. This helps with pain and headache.

The only thing with ibuprofen is that the side effects (yes you are correct) are bad for your stomach. If you take too much at one time or for too long you can get ulcer or stomach bleed. For example I took ibuprofen for about a year and my stomach got sore but it is very helpful when you first get hurt.

Don't worry. What mg did you take? If you took 9 pills but they were only 200mg that is not a big deal. Also I should mention that whenever you take this you should take it with food so it will hurt your stomach less.

The only reason that a doctor would not give someone this is if they found a bleed in their brain. Because they did scans and they were normal for you you are ok. This drug makes your blood thinner so it will make a bleed bigger.

I checked my bottle of ibuprofen and the prescription was take 800mg three times a day. So if you did not take more than 2400mg a day it was fine.

Last edited by postconcussion; 10-21-2012 at 03:03 PM.
postconcussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (11-08-2012)