Thread: CMT and Statins
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I think I know what Kitt will say..... so I'll let her handle that question.

Here is a list of the tests to determine if someone has PN....
It is by Dr. Latov from New York, who is an expert on them.
So check out your tests and see if any have been missed:

http://www.questdiagnostics.com/test...ripheralNeurop

If you get diagnosed too soon with a hereditary PN, without confirmation by DNA testing...you may close doors to healing or reversal or stopping progression that exist.

You still have not shared with us, what other drugs you take, and your test results. It is your choice whether you choose to do so. But please understand that doctors often do not understand neuropathies well. This forum is filled with stories of doctors who dismissed the poster with a premature diagnosis of idiopathic when more could have been done. Some things are up to you, as well... you need to become proactive in your own PN experience. You can choose not to, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJ View Post
Kitt, I am not sure I understand what you mean when you wrote "If indeed you have CMT, that would not be the case."

Could you please explain. i assume you are referring to my post regarding my drop foot.

Just to further elaborate, the neuropathy was developing slowly prior to the drop foot, although I did not realize it at the time. After the drop foot was resolved, the neuropathy then progressed over the course of the next 9 to ten months, which brought me to the neurologist who then evaluated my condition and diagnosed my PN. Since she eliminated the other common causes of PN she concluded in her report that she suspected genetic PN.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote