View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

hi olive and welcome to NT.
i'm glad you found this.

your post brings back memories of my experiences on the road to dx (diagnosis). it also has given me the benefit of almost 12 yrs post dx. in which i have some hingsight now and have gained some wisdom concerning the disease.

i'm RRMS; now PPMS but i'm stable. i still walk with a cane, am independent and drive my car. i'd like to encourage you to take things one day at a time.
no one knows what the future holds, even for healthy people. everyone's MS is different and no one has the same course. while some folks do get very sick many others con't to work, have children and live their lives.

we learn gradually how to make adjustment, like using a cane, but we get thru. this is a great site for info and support. please stick with us for help.

i don't know about the diet and frankly don't believe in "cures" like that; imho. also, if you havn't told anyone at your job don't do it right away. there are consequences to telling so think it thru.

anyway, welcome. hope to hear more from you.
write all your Q's down and try to bring someone with you to the dr appt for a 2nd set of ears.

also, i've learned to start a medical file on myself. get copies of mri's and reports. as you may see other drs down the road they will want these records. always keep your file. also, try keeping a sx (symptom) journal. it will help your dr track your condition on a timeline.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (10-23-2012), Debbie D (10-22-2012), Erika (10-23-2012), Judy2 (10-23-2012), Natalie8 (10-23-2012), SallyC (10-21-2012)