Thread: Normalizing
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

carebear,

It is common for a return of symptoms to be delayed to the day after the good day when activity was resumed. Just because you are having a good day does not mean you can resume your activities. Your brain heals when you are having a good day. You need to link as many good days together as possible.

If you take care to consider all factors, you likely had subtle symptoms that indicated you were doing too much. As you were doing your school work, if you needed to reread a line of text or stop or slow down to process what the text means, you have reached your limit. If when you were out to dinner, you had any sense of needing quiet or noticed the other voices in the room, you have reached your limit.

As much as you want to get back to normal activities, you need to resist the urge. Plan your 'back to normal' times so that you have a recovery period after the event. If you plan ahead, you will not need to be trying to recover during a time when you need to be active. I have worked successfully with this system for a decade.

In time, you will begin to recognize the subtle symptoms of over-doing it so you can self-moderate you activity rather than react to over-activity.

Hope this helps.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
concussedlawyer (10-22-2012)