View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

capsula,

Thanks again for the pictures. They are a little blurry, but I know what I'm looking at so they are okay

Just wanted to clarify the tooth number, thanks for helping me with that.

It concerns me that your surgeon may have been inexperienced with doing the bone graft. To be honest, that is what I thought when I first saw it. I honestly don't see how this site can be prepared properly for a dental implant. Is there anyone else (who is competent) that would give you a second opinion?

Yes, Ketorolac is an NSAID and one of the side effects of that type of drug is bleeding. In the US, we don't use that drug prior to oral surgery if we can avoid it.

To properly inform you... all root canaled teeth are chronically infected because it is not possible to remove all of the infected nerve material from the microscopic canals inside of the tooth. Because of the chronic infection and inflammation, the jaw bone surrounding the root canaled tooth is never healthy. So there are additional risks associated with any surgery that is done next to a root canaled tooth.

I am sorry to say that I would be concerned about both areas, # 8 and 9, as neither one looks healthy from your photos. If you can, please seek a second opinion before you allow this dentist to do any further work on you.

Please keep us informed along the way....thanks!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsula4 View Post
I'm from Argentina, and as regards to the numbering, I was using the FDI Dental Federation notation (I would link an image but I cant due to my number of posts). My bad I didnt clarified it.

I'm not sure, but I got the sensation that my surgeon didn't have that much experience on bone grafting, though he is known as one of the most experienced and best surgeons on my area, if not the best. Still this doesnt make him good at bone grafting. Btw he gave me ketorolac ome hour before the surgery and I was bleeding a lot during the op.

Both 8 and 9 were root canale due to an accident I had 9 years ago, thankfully only one of them got inffected and had to be removed (had a cyst). I first tried an apicoectomy with the same surgeon but it failed (1 year ago).

As regards to the bridge, I didn't wear it for the first 4 days, and the exposure was there on day 4 (probably even before, but never looked to it).

I'm on day 25 since the surgery and I tend to avoid wearing the bridge, just when I go out. I don't feel the temporary bridge rubs the exposure site (plus since there is no gum tissue, it feels like there is gap between the bone graft and the crown).
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote