View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 12:05 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Hi and welcome to NT. We are a great group here, a family. From your initial post it seems like you are a very intelligent person and worry about staying that way and being of use to yourself and the world. As the others have said, MS will take a different course with every single person. It's all according to where the lesions are, other health problems determination, guts, will, etc. As you well know that in life you are continually reasessing the situation, resetting goals, basicall making changes where changes need to be made. In my profession it was the nursing process. Oh how I hated that term in nursing school but learned that it's just something that one does in every situation they come upon.

I was a cardiac nurse before MS. It was my life, my passion. I worked for several years after my diagnosis but eventually had to quit. There are many here who work full time, learn how to adapt so they can work. There are full time Moms, and who can not say that a full time Mom is the hardest job ever. Get the info you need, asess it, take a plan of action, be willing to reasess and replan and move on. You have to make this YOUR journey

Forgot to add, I still drive on my own, travel, go shopping, go to the Y and do some of the things I used to do and have learned how to do some different things to take the place of what I can no longer do.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (10-22-2012), mrkmyword (10-23-2012), SallyC (10-22-2012)