View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 06:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Olive

Nice to meet you - but for all the wrong reasons.

I agree totally with everything that others have said. Sal was right in saying that there are a lot of charlatans out there who promise the world and deliver nothing but an empty promise, and often a reduced bank balance.

As you have probably heard, MS is usually unpredictable, and no two cases are the same. We all present and progress differently.

I am eleven years in, still walking (sure, not so fast, or as elegantly as before, but still on two legs...), still working four days a week as a business studies teacher, mum of two (who were only young when I was diagnosed) - one is now at university, and the other is in her last year of junior high school), I have been married to the same wonderful man for 22 years and we have lots more to come.

My point is, MS is not an ending, it is a readjustment. It is a time to reassess, find your strengths, ditch whatever weaknesses you can afford to lose and move forward.

Non-enhancing lesions mean that they are not currently active (no inflamation is happening right now). That is a good thing.

IF you are diagnosed with MS, it is not good, but there are many worse things we could have, and yes, it is possible to live a happy and full life for a long time. None of us know what is around our corners - sure MS could become seriously disabling, but so could lots of other things that may happen to us.

I hope you get the answers you need - sometimes I think not knowing is the hardest part.

Regards

Lyn

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 Craniotomy to clip brain aneurysm 2004. ITP 1993.
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (10-22-2012), Debbie D (10-22-2012), Erika (10-23-2012), Judy2 (10-23-2012), mrkmyword (10-23-2012), Natalie8 (10-23-2012), SallyC (10-22-2012)