View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 09:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

If you were concussed from heading a ball then you are very sensitive. I was concussed from heading a ball in October 2010. I was fine the next day and continued with contact sports.

But the next time a got a hit to the head, in March 2011, I was not fine the next day, in fact my life was terrible for more than a year afterwards and I continue to worry about the long term effects.

If I could go back in time and give myself some advice I would obviously tell myself that being concussed from heading a ball is a clear sign that there is something wrong with my brain, and to stop before I have serious problems.

I can't go back in time and give this advice to myself, but I can give it to you, who are in the same situation as I was before my injury - don't ever play contact sports again. Find something else you enjoy - there are plenty of fun things to do in the world that do not require you to be hit on the head. You can't afford any more impacts.

Since recovery I have achieved a Master's degree with distinction in Neurological Occupational Therapy
Klaus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (11-08-2012)