View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 09:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

We all have our favorite "cures". First, stay well hydrated. I am talking about water, not tea, coffee or pop. Avoid caffine as much as possible. I try to confine my coffee to morning so I can get going. STOOL SOFTENER. Depending on your meds, your stool can set up like cement. I take two at bedtime and chase them with a full bottle of water. I drink a cup of Smooth Move tea with my evening meal and use two bags. It is basicly a senna tea with a few other goodies in it. For me, it works better than senna capsules like Sennacot. Go figure. Once a week, I take a laxative to keep the colon stimulated and reasonably empty. I am capable of moving daily but still slowly develope a high impaction with no warning. The weekly laxative corrected that.

A high fiber diet should be a no brainer. It can be problematic if you aren't well hydrated and take a stool softner. Hopefully, you are still fairly active. This helps keeping things moving. I am sure others will come in with more thoughts on the subject. As I said, we all seem to respond differently. Best wishes.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote