View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

The reason I ask is that your symptoms all are typical of patients with some degree of impaired glucose metabolism.

Until you can get that tested out, try eliminating sugar and starchy carbs from your diet, and just do lean protein, fruits in moderation and veggies. Many people here find it helps minor PN type symptoms very quickly.

I looked up this drug in several places, and there is no data and lingering effects. There is a caution about stopping the medication suddenly. Also using it with OTC products with an MAOI warning, like cough syrups with DM etc, or other RX drugs with MAOI warnings.

You don't have to have frank diabetes to start with impaired glucose. Often low blood sugars precede diabetes for a while, and lows affect the nerves, by starving them. Swinging with high sugar will stimulate LOWS as you bottom out. This up and down is quite damaging to the body in general, and causes inflammatory problems too, because high insulin favors Cox-2 cytokine expression.

If you are using other drugs (including non-psychiatric ones) you can PM me for privacy and I'll look them up. Some drugs impair nutrient utilization, and absorption from the GI tract. ( you may have to post a short time longer before the PM
function opens up for you to use--this is for new members.)

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote