View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 10:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild_cat View Post
Is it good to try to keep this up or am I doing ore harm than good?!? I know it's difficult to say without a clear diagnosis but any guidance would be very much appreciated!
Hello again,

I will just share 3 experiences with you:

1) I joined an old ladies physiotherapy water aerobics class and went approximately once a week for 2 years. I pushed and pushed not knowing at that time that the warm water was exacerbating my weakness or that my will power wasn´t going to be enough to force my muscles out of extinction. I had decided that when my fitness level had reached theirs then I would stop the class. It never did. In fact one sweet lady with a zimmer frame asked me why I could not keep up with the rest of the class and I didn´t know what to say......

2) I was swimming very gentle breaststroke one day a couple of years ago and congratulating myself on how far I had come since the days of CFS. And suddenly out of nowhere all the muscles in the upper body decided to quit and I was quite close to drowning. I´m normally an excellent swimmer with unusual stamina. I also got a muscle tear whilst struggling in the water.

3) I was quite disappointed when one of the best physiotherapists in town said he no longer could do anything for me. At that time he was having me try and lift empty plastic coke bottles out from my sides since I couldn´t manage any weights. And it just got worse each time I visited him. What he said was this: ´Exercise is not going to help you, in fact, I don´t know what is wrong with you, but I think right now it might do you more harm than good to exercise at all. I would prefer you to go and see a neurologist first´.

Exercise is necessary once you know what you are dealing with and it becomes stable. wild_cat - If I were a doctor I think I would have repeated to you what my physio said to me Hope that you find some of this info useful.

Anacrusis

Last edited by Anacrusis; 10-22-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
wild_cat (10-22-2012)