View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Brokenwings and IHH,

Thanks so much for the help and the good words for me and to me. I sure do appreciate all of you on here. Even though I have my kids and my grandkids I am still living alone and at times feel alone. So I can come on here when I am bored, lonely, or down and get my laughs and get good support.

Brokenwings, I appreicate the info you gave me. I have actually been through all of those test. I've had the angiogram twice but I just didn't know if this thing would interfere with the machines. I do know that for me to have an MRI it has to be taken out, they told me that. I guess I'll never have an MRI again. LOL

One of the girls down at my Drs. office is setting up my appt. I called the Cardiologist and since I hadn't been there in awhile they needed a referral so Debbie said she'd just get it done for me. I was having second thoughts about going through all of this. I hate those trips out of town, God forbid that they could do it all in one day.

IHH, like you, I lost Mom, my Grandmother and both Grandfathers to heart attacks and the rest of my family all go with cancer.

As far as my strength, it took me 20 years of medical problems and my Dr. that I always put in the catagory of Sainthood to help me get it. When I'm down he is always pulling me back up. He's always telling me to fight for what I believe in and what I need. Awhile back he said he had to talk me back down because I was coming on too strong with my Drs. and him. LOL I always tell him he's taught me well. I never ever would have thought I could have made it as far as I have. My Neurolgist handed me an Oprah Magazine about 2 years ago and told me he wanted me to write my story. I thought now which disease or illness do I write about. LOL The one that interests me the most is the depression but I didn't know how to incorperate all of my other medical problems into a story. My brain wouldn't let me think straight anyway.

It has been the hardest journey I have ever taken in my life but at times now I think I am seeing the end of it. I still know I have about 6 more surgeries to go and what else I don't know but I try to take them as they get worse and we can't control them with shots and meds. I know when I'm ready for one when my PCP says ok, lets look for a Surgeon. LOL That tells me he needs some relief from putting up with me. LOL

At times I think I might one day get to go back to work but I honestly know at 55 that's not going to happen. Do any of you still think that way?

I know there are people out there that are worse off then I am and I wish they could get to a better place in their lives but I realize a lot of them won't.

Thanks again for the help.
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote