View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 01:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default LDN for Parkinsons

Hi,
I'm an LDN activist of sorts, got the first human trial for MS started at UCSF (by funding half the study costs) all of this is at http://LDNers.org

Also, NIH just had a meeting on LDN and all its potential areas of use, including neurodegenrative, like MS and PD.

On the Parkinson's front, I presented my LDN/MS story to a local PD support group. 2 men started in January and are doing great so far, elated that they can sleep normally now, and their "on time" has increased, and they cut way down on their meds. One went from 20 Sinemet down to 1/day! 2 more started in the past weeks and are sleeping well too. They introduced me to their neurologist in Seattle who said he's interested in putting 100 of his PD patients on LDN and doing a simple tracking study, basically asking the patient how they are feeling, better or worse over time. He said if the n is big enough, that should get the gov't attention, because as he put it, Alzheimer's and PD are going to break the medicare bank.

In the meantime, while the gov't plays catch up with us, we can just keep pushing our docs to initiate research. Penn State got $500,000 to continue LDN-Chron's trial, so I think this will be a lucartive research area, and will hopefully do us patients some good for once!
SammyJo
SammyJo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote