View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 12:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Had ALJ hearing almost 3 montha ago, need help

Posted almost 3 months ago after having ALJ hearing. Hearing went very well, but since then have been having multiple tia's and on 10-09-2012 appears to have had another small stroke, didn't go to hospital no insurance (I know stupid but still, can't keep racking up more and more medical bills). Also wife's work place is for sale, making for more instability. After my ALJ hearing my representative informed us that the ALJ was backlogged and it could take 1 to 1 1/2 years to get a decision. I guess we didn't realy think it would take that long. My wife god bless her, took the tiger by the tail and called my representative and laid out our situation, and ask if they could explain our hardship to the ALJ and see if he could expedite our decision. My representative gave her the go around about there was noting they could do and even if they explained the situation to the judge it wouldn't help. So in other words they aren't willing to even talk to the judge. So my wife called our congressman's office and explained our situation to his representative to see if they could at least put in an inquiry. We were told if a congressman or senator inquires into you case that SSA has to report monthly on progress or lack of progress. Well the person at the congressmans office was nice but said they couldn't help.
Basically was wondering if anyone had any suggestion that we can do to maybe expedite my dicision? It is not just the money aspect, but the medical especialy. I can not imagine my primary physician will keep me as a patient or even refill my medicsation without seeing me for more than a year. There are already some medications I need I just can't afford. and those I have gotten are harder to afford.
Don't mean to sound all whiney, just been a long hard road to have gotten this far, to only find out it maybe another year or more. If anyone has any recommendations they would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and god bless you
swOkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote