View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 02:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default anti-MAG and other auto antibodies

Does anyone here have other autoimmune diseases or blood disorders? I've lived with pain and weird neurological symptoms for many years. Was dx'd with Fibromyalgia until almost 2 years ago. I had a super high ANA, and positive SSA.They now think I have Sjogren's and maybe Lupus, but don't seem very anxious to confirm anything. The Neuro that tested for anti-MAG thought I had SFN, but the NVC and skin biopsy were neg.

I already take prednisone and plaquenil, etc., for symptom relief, but all my symptoms keep getting worse anyway. I seem to be getting weaker, especially shoulders and arms, but left leg too. Also think I am having some kind of tremors, and I feel sick all over just about every day.

My Rheumy suspected Hemochromatosis last year and sent me to a hematologist/oncologist. Didn't Dx me with it, but I go for annual labs in a week. I'm getting anxious to go because I keep thinking that to feel this bad I must have cancer.

I just really wish I knew more about what to expect. Seems we all have different histories, symptoms, but maybe we can still help each other.
Has anyone improved? If so, how? Anyone with other auto-antibodies? Anyone get cancer?
lmba214 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote