View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 02:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

In my opinion, the BEST way to check diabetes, is to buy a meter.

Many studies have been done on the doctors waiting for a fasting blood test to reach 100 before a dr will diagnose diabetes.

The fact is, only a meter will catch it fast enough before symptoms develope.

My dr did the fasting blood test and my result was a 90 and he and another dr both said I did not have it, however, I did my own research and knew that my symptoms pointed to diabetes, including my neuropathy, which they said was from hypo thyroid. (which could be, who knows)

Anyway, I bought a meter from walmart, and yes, my fasting number in the mornings was 90 to 98 when I did a test of 1 cup of white rice and checked my blood 1 hr afterwards it was 180!!! That is a high number, while not high enough for medication, anything over 140 can begin to affect organs in your body and cause nueropathy. And who knows how long I have been having spiking numbers. But at this point, I consider myself prediabetic.

I now have a meter and check frequently and keep my numbers under 140 and I feel better.

All that to say, if you really wanna know your TRUE reactions to the food you eat, a meter is your best friend, and you can get one at walmart for $15 and strips are cheap if you get RELI brand.

Read EVERYTHING in this forum and other places. Try many things. It was reading about benfotiamine here that led me to take it and its been a miracle for me.

good luck

p.s. a meter is cheaper to buy than taking all their blood tests. And if you find your number is high, then you can go to a doctor. But it is much cheaper to buy a meter and find out yourself. IMO
Stacy2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote