View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 05:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Definitely PN symptoms. I used to have really bad pain and pain meds didn't help. Until I got my spinal cord stimulator implanted, I am pretty much pain free for the most part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin99 View Post
I am a Type II Diabetic for the last 20 years. For 15 years I was symptom free even though I led a very unhealthy lifestyle. Everyone warned me but I did not believe them since I was fine. BUT - the Neuropathy came on about 5 years ago. Both feet - the entire foot - feel very cold and pain radiates throughout. About 2 months ago it became extreme and this month it is horrific and has put me into a deep depression.

I have been forced to seek out heat. I now take 2 to 3 hot baths a day, and every 15 minutes I go to the sink to fill up a large pot with hot water. That is the only thing that works, but it only removes the agony for about 10 minutes. My life is no more as I am completely consumed by this pain and the never-ending scramble to relieve it. I can sleep only for about 1 to 2 hours, then wake up - have to soak my feet again - then go back to sleep for another hour or two.

Even when I manage to get my sugars regulated - the pain lessens just slightly but remains.

I read and read and read about ALA and the various forms, along with vitamins, IV Vitamin therapy, etc etc etc. Even looked into electric shock and leg artery stints. They all seem to have mixed reviews. I thought I had PAD because the pain is much worse when I am lying down. I had a test done with the pressure cuffs and 2 Techs taking readings and it came out negative.

I have very little pain while walking as some have stated here. My pain is relieved slightly during walking but returns fully once I sit or lie down.
Also, I do receive Oxycodone and Opana each month. The Oxy helps dramatically - then I run out and have Opana left. But the Opana does very little and the pain comes back with a vengeance.

Lastly - there is a natural relief it seems - for me (it may not work for others). When I run a couple of miles . . . so long as I really push it, the pain goes from a 9 down to about a 3 and an internal warmth is felt in my feet. It lasts a couple of hours then the pain returns. If I run several days in a row the relief lasts longer, sometimes until I go to bed The problem is I have never been able to regularly run - even when faced with this horrific condition. So now - my main focus is on learning how to develop self-discipline. I am a lazy guy - admittedly - and so far cannot go out each day and face that intense gasping for air. I feel as if this is on me now - either I do what I know works for me and run, run, run . . . or go on a long series of Docs, tests with fish oil and vitamins, surgeries, etc.

I am wondering if any Diabetics out there have had a similar experience with foot pain and what have you tried ? Thanks a lot !!
tailam08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote