View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 01:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
IHH, like you, I lost Mom, my Grandmother and both Grandfathers to heart attacks and the rest of my family all go with cancer.

I am sorry, Ada.

My great grandmother died of a heart attack. My grandmother has had two heart attacks, and we think my grandpa died of a heart problem (no autopsy was done- he was 67, and he had a lung condition, heart condition, etc... he died right after a surgery he had to put in a breathing tube).

With heart conditions running in the family I guess it's no wonder that with both my mom's mom and my mom's grandmother having a heart condition she would have one too... hers is mostly palpitations of the heart/ chest, upper back pain and the typical pain running down the left arm. She found that with taking magnesium -which would relax the muscles of the heart- her heart won't act up as much!

My mom had to have an echocardiogram done, and have a monitor placed to monitor her heart for 48 hours, and then she took it back to the Cardiologist and he read the results.

Doesn't make me feel good that heart conditions run in the family... I think I am next...

My grandmother did find that with eating well (low carb diet, low fat) her heart condition has been a lot better. She is also a diabetic, and so the diet was needed anyways. My grandmother had many tests done, and one she had was where they fed a wire up her, into her heart to make sure things were okay (after she had a bad episode)... I *think* she has a stent or something in her heart... she found that with stress her heart would "act up".

Stress makes a lot of conditions worse, I believe... stress is hard on the body.

Relax... don't stress about anything...
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote