View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 08:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink

Mark...thanks for all your advice!

I WISH i could get some help here at home! If I had the funds..I definitely would. I have a small home...which makes things look worse than they are.
My boys age 3 and 5 are pretty good. The worst is when they are at each other...bugging each other. My daughter, almost 7 is really great...but needs to be a bit less lazy. Trying to teach her.
Overall GREAT kiddos...I'm so lucky.

I am not aware of any sort of benefit for home help....

Before the accident (june 26), I was doing great with my nutrition. I try to eat "Paleo"...no grains or dairy...and my energy level was so great! No mid afternoon crashes...
After the accident..i just didnt want to eat...at all! So when I DO get an appetite..I would just eat what I could...and try to make it high calorie...so I can stop the weight loss. At the moment, I am maintaining my weight by doing this.
I have a brief moment in morning now...where I can eat...then it goes away..and I get it again later in evening. So it has improved.

My attorneys assistant has me stressed! I have an MRI this thursday of brain and spine...and she says,"well lets hope they come up with something...that would be so helpful...blah blah blah"...GEEEEZ talk about pressure. I even told her...I did my research on what the docs think I have, PCS, and 9 times out of 10...nothing ever shows on MRI...so I am not expecting anything abnormal.
She is a nurse/paralegal! She should of course know this...
She stresses me out when she keeps talking about the MRI results in that sense...like that will be the only thing to validate what I am feeling???

I hope thats not how the legal system works...ugh!

So head pressure still sucks....I wake up in A.M...feeling decent..but as the day goes on, and/or exert myself in anyway...the "my brain is swelling, and heads gonna pop" feeling sets in.
Spotty head throbs...tense neck and upper back. Tightness all over jaw area. Nausea...and the most recent really annoying symptom is the blank stares!
I can be listening to someone talking...and just feel like i am looking past them...and not absorbing much of what they are saying. CONSTANT blank stares...
The zone out/blank stares while driving is quite awful too...and I try to be super careful.

Super anxious when i drive..but even more when I am the passenger!!! My hands are on the dashboard the whole time!

So....Physical therapy and acupuncture on wednesday..
then mri of brain and spine thursday. Neurologist appt. isnt until nov. 15.

I live in Maine....not aware of any resources around me.

Susan....
Sounds like you and i have things in common

Thanks for your reply...would love to stay in touch.
MaineMamarazzi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (11-16-2012)